Christmas is fast approaching and there’s no better time to start thinking about making a Christmas Trifle.
This is my friend’s trifle recipe. It’s quick and easy to prepare – no cooking involved!
To keep things simple, use a cup measure. The cup should hold approx 250 ml / 8 fl oz of liquid.
Tracey’s Christmas Trifle – Ingredients
- 2 sponge jam rolls
- 1 packet jelly crystals
- Half cup whole and peeled almonds
- Fruit of choice – eg. blueberries, cherries, mangoes, peaches, raspberries or drained tinned fruit
- 1 Litre / 32 fl oz ready made thick pouring custard
- Half cup thickened cream
- Cadbury Flake
Tracey’s Christmas Trifle – Method
- Cut the jam rolls into pieces and cover the base of a large bowl (it should be densely packed)
- Pour sherry over the cake (at least 1 cup) and leave overnight in the fridge to soak through
- In the meantime, make the jelly and leave in the fridge to set
- The next day chop up the jelly and spread over the cake
- Place the fruit on top of the jelly
- Sprinkle the almonds on top of the fruit
- Carefully pour the custard on top
- Then swirl the cream on top of the custard
- To finish off, crush the Flake and spinkle on top
- Don’t think about the calories and enjoy!
Handy Hints and Variations
- Of course you don’t have to use sherry – you could use another spirit or just use fruit juice instead
- If you’re not a jelly fan, just leave it out
- Make sure you use thick custard – it should sit on top of the fruit, without seeping through
- Trifle looks great if you make it in a glass bowl – that way you can see all the layers
- Leave out the almonds if you don’t like nuts – flaked almonds also work well
- Use a big serving spoon to scoop out the trifle – you want everyone to get a bit of everything
Hope you enjoy making this trifle.
You’ll find lots more super Christmas Recipes here.
Thanks for visiting my website. You can leave any comments below.
You can also follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: