This Anzac Biscuits Recipe will make around 20 biscuits and take less than ten minutes to prepare… and cooking time is only 12-15 minutes.
To keep things simple I use a cup measure. The cup should hold approx 250ml / 8 fl oz of liquid.
Anzac Biscuits Recipe – Ingredients
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup desiccated or shredded coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Half cup brown sugar
- 125 g butter or usual spread
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
Anzac Biscuits Recipe – Method
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together
- Gently melt the butter in the microwave then stir in the honey and water
- Add this liquid to the dry ingredients and combine
- Using your palms, roll small quantities of the mixture into balls
- Place the balls, well apart, onto two greased oven trays (or use baking paper on the trays)
- Using the bottom of a glass, gently press on top of all the balls to flatten them
- Bake in a moderate over for 12 to 15 minutes until golden
- Let the Anzac biscuits cool completely on the tray (they will harden as they cool)
Variations and Handy Hints
- You can use self-raising white flour for this Anzac biscuit recipe instead of wholemeal if you wish
- If using plain flour (rather than self-raising) remember to add 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Don’t panic when you bring the cookies out of the oven and they are not hard – they will harden as they cool
- Anzac Biscuits are best eaten on the day, but will keep in an airtight container for a day or two
Enjoy Anzac Day this year and let me know how you go with this Anzac Biscuits Recipe. You can leave comments below.
Thanks for visiting my website.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: