If you’re looking for an easy banana bread recipe, this is it.
You’ll have this banana bread prepared and in the baking tin in around 10 minutes. You can then sit back and enjoy the wonderful baking smells as it cooks in the oven.
It’s best served warm with butter – the butter melts into the bread and makes it really scrumptious.
To keep things simple, I use a cup measure. The cup should hold approx 250 ml / 8 fl oz of liquid.
Easy Banana Bread Recipe – Ingredients
- 125g / 4 oz butter (or usual spread)
- Half cup raw sugar (or usual sugar)
- Grated rind of one orange
- 2 eggs
- 2 or 3 ripe bananas
- Half cup desiccated coconut
- 2 and a half cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- Juice from one orange (approx half a cup)
Easy Banana Bread Recipe – Method
- Put the butter, sugar and orange rind in a food processor and whiz until creamy
- Add the eggs and whiz again until combined
- Add the banana and whiz again
- Add the coconut and whiz again
- Add the flour and orange juice and whiz for the final time
- Line a deep oblong baking tin (approx 12 x 22 cm) with baking paper – spray sides with oil so the paper ‘sticks’ to the sides
- Put the banana bread mix into the tin and bake in a moderate oven for around 1 hour
- Gently stick a skewer into the centre of the banana bread to check if it’s cooked – the skewer should come out with no wet bits on it
- Allow the bread to cool in the tin for a couple of minutes then turn out onto a wire rack
- Best served warm with butter 🙂
Handy Hints and Variations
- As mentioned above, best served warm with butter
- You can use ordinary self-raising flour if you wish (instead of wholemeal)
- Check the banana bread after 40 minutes to see how it’s progressing
- If it’s getting a bit too brown on top, but still isn’t cooked in the centre, turn the oven down a bit
- Store in an airtight container for a few days
- It also freezes well – allow to cool completely then wrap in foil and place in a plastic bag in the freezer
- If you freeze ready sliced in individual plastic bags it’s perfect to take out for school lunch boxes
Hope you enjoy this easy banana bread recipe.
Thanks for visiting my website. You can leave comments below.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: