If you’re looking for a delicious Christmas Cake recipe that’s quick and easy to prepare, then you’ve found it.
This Easy Christmas Cake Recipe is so simple and quick, you’ll wonder why you ever spent all those weeks chopping, soaking and stirring.
Preparation time is around 10 minutes and it will serve 6-8 people.
To keep things simple, I’ve used a ‘cup’ measure. The cup should hold around 8fl oz/250ml of liquid.
Easy Christmas Cake Recipe – Ingredients
- 3 cups (around 1 pound / 500 grams) mixed fruit
- 3 oz / 80 grams butter (or usual spread)
- half cup raw sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 eggs
- Half cup Irish Cream (I used Baileys) or fresh cream is you prefer no alcohol
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- Half tea-spoon ground nutmeg
Easy Christmas Cake Recipe – Method
- Put the mixed fruit into a large mixing bowl
- Put the butter and sugar into a food processor and whiz until well mixed
- Add the eggs and Irish cream and whiz some more
- Add the flour and ground nutmeg and whiz for the last time
- Pour this mixture on top of the mixed fruit and stir well to combine
- Line a cake tin (approx 7″/18cm diameter) with baking paper, pour in the cake mix and flatten on top
- Cook in a very slow oven for around 1 hour 45 minutes (your Christmas cake should be browned and firm to the touch)
- Take out of the oven, cover with foil and allow to cool completely in the tin (this will make the cake nice and moist). See photo image and handy hints below
How easy was that!
Handy Hints and Variations
- Covering the cake/cake tin in foil when it comes out of the oven is important because it helps to moisten the cake. You want your Christmas Cake to be ‘dense’ and ‘heavy’ – not ‘light’ and ‘fluffy’. It will help if you remove the baking paper from around the edge of the cake – it should just pull out
- This cake can also be served hot as Christmas Pudding
- It will keep for up to 4 weeks in the fridge
- Dark brown sugar will make this Christmas cake slightly darker in colour
- If you want a larger Christmas Cake, just double the quantities and bake for a longer time (around 3 hours for a double sized cake)
- This cake has a great smell – and reminds me of Christmas 🙂
Have a go at making my Easy Christmas Cake Recipe and let me know how you get on.
Thanks for visiting my website.
For more Christmas themed blogs, please visit:-
Creative Women Online – The Story of Christmas for Kids
Raising Great Kids Blog – Christmas Stocking Oranges and Socks
Parks in Sydney – Christmas in the Park
New Life on the Road – Our First Christmas Living in our Motorhome
Weekend Getaway Ideas – Christmas Destinations
Lisa’s Healthy Lifestyle Challenge – Christmas Shopping List
Rita Pepper Online – Christmas Past and Present
Dinner in Ten Minutes – Easy Christmas Cake Recipe
You might also enjoy: