This has got to be one of the easiest fruit slices I’ve ever made.
Preparation time for this delicious fruit slice recipe is less than ten minutes. You can make one large slice or two smaller ones – so you can freeze one for later use. I used two bread loaf tins to make two smaller slices.
To keep things simple, I use a cup measure. The cup should hold approx 8 fl oz / 250 ml of liquid.
Fruit Slice Recipe – Ingredients
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup oats
- Half cup raw sugar (or other sugar)
- 1 cup mixed fruit
- 4oz /120g butter (or your usual spread)
- Three-quarters cup milk (I use soy)
- 2 eggs
Fruit Slice Recipe – Method
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Gently melt the butter in the microwave or on the stove top
- Add the milk and eggs to the melted butter and mix together
- Add this wet mix to the dry ingredients and stir to combine
- Line one large slice tray or two bread loaf tins with baking paper and add the slice mix
- Bake in a pre-heated moderate oven for around 30 minutes, until nicely browned and firm on top
- Allow to cool for a few minutes in the tray/tins, then remove baking paper and cool on a wire rack
Handy Hints and Variations
- If you are making two fruit slices and plan on freezing one, make sure it is completely cooled before wrapping in foil, placing in a plastic bag, then putting in the freezer
- You can replace oats with crushed cornflakes, crushed Weetbix or muesli
- If you like your slice a bit more fruity, add another half cup of mixed fruit
- To help the baking paper stick to the bottom and sides of the tray/tins, spray the tray/tins with a little oil before adding the baking paper
- The baking paper on the bottom is the most important, to stop the slice sticking to the bottom
- This fruit slice recipe is best eaten on the day, but will store for a couple of days in an airtight tin
Thanks for visiting my website. You can leave comments and suggestions below.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: