Okay, ten seconds might be pushing it – but it certainly wont take ten minutes!
Just follow this how to make salad dressing recipe and you’ll wonder why you’ve been buying salad dressings for so many years.
This recipe will make enough dressing for a large family sized salad.
How to Make Salad Dressing – Ingredients
- 4 Table Spoons good quality Olive Oil
- 2 Table Spoons White Wine Vinegar (I like to use a sweet, fruity one like a White Wine Balsamic Vinegar)
- 1 Tea Spoon Dijon Mustard (less if you don’t like the dressing too thick)
- Optional – quarter Tea Spoon of sugar (not necessary if you’re using a sweet white wine vinegar)
- Optional – Black Pepper
How to Make Salad Dressing – Method
- Put all ingredients into a bowl or screw top jar
- Either hand whisk in bowl or shake in jar
Variations to Basic Salad Dressing
- Try different Olive Oils (you’d be surprised how different they taste)
- Try a red wine vinegar for a completely different taste
- Red Wine Balsamic vinegar is also nice
- Try adding coarse grain mustard instead of Dijon
- Pour over any green salad
- Use as an alternative to a creamy dressing on cold pasta salad – just mix to combine
- Add to cold rice salad – just mix to combine
- Pour over sliced tomatoes – delicious!
- You can make in advance, but always add just before serving
- You can make more than you need and store in the fridge in a screw top jar
- The dressing will go a little thick in the fridge, but it will go back to normal consistency once it reaches room temperature
- Suggest you take it out of the fridge for a little while before you need to serve it
Thanks for visiting my website.
You can leave comments and suggestions below.