Crumble is everybody’s favourite – and it takes less than ten minutes to prepare this yummy apple crumble recipe.
If you’re a big crumble fan, check out Crumble Recipe e-book.
Once prepared, you can cook this crumble straight away or put it in the fridge and cook later.
To keep things really simple, I use a cup measure for this recipe – the cup should hold approx 8 fl oz / 250 ml.
This recipe will serve around 6 people.
Apple Crumble Recipe – Ingredients
- One large tin (approx 800g) cooked apples
- Approx 150g butter (or your usual spread)
- One cup plain flour
- Quarter cup of sugar
- Half cup of oats
Apple Crumble Recipe – Method
- Empty tin of apples into an oven proof bowl or deep dish
- In a separate bowl, rub butter and flour together with fingers (messy job – suggest you put on disposable kitchen gloves)
- Add sugar and oats and mix everything together
- Put crumble mix on top of apple
- Cook in moderate oven for approx 30 minutes – it should be nice and golden coloured on top
- Serve with ice cream, cream or custard (or all three)
- Also delicious with pureed mixed berries (use frozen – just microwave with a little sugar until mushy)
- Tin pears work very well – drain off most of the juice
- Tin peaches also good – also drained
- Tin Rhubarb – my favourite, but alas my boys aren’t keen
- Frozen mixed berries are great – you may need to add some sugar
- Combination – pears with a few mixed berries on top is delicious
- Apple with a couple of sliced bananas works well too
- Of course you can use fresh fruit if you wish (and have more time)
- If you use fresh apple or pear, peel, core and slice, then cook slowly in a little water until soft
Don’t forget to check out my Crumble e-book.
Thanks for visiting my website.
You might also enjoy: