Christmas Ice Cream Pudding is quick and easy to make and less ‘heavy’ than traditional Christmas pudding.
You can make it weeks in advance if you wish and on the day it’s ready to serve with your favorite topping. You can just leave the alcohol out if children will be eating it. This recipe serves approx 6 people.
Christmas Ice Cream Pudding – Ingredients
- 32 fl oz / 1 litre of your favorite vanilla ice-cream
- Half Tea Spoon ground cinnamon
- Half Tea Spoon ground nutmeg
- Half Tea Spoon ground ginger
- Hand full of silvered almonds (toasted, if you have extra time)
- Hand full of red and green glace cherries- chopped
- Hand full of sultanas
- Hand full of dried mango – chopped
- 2 Table Spoons mixed peel
- 2 Table Spoons your favorite liqueur (optional)
Christmas Ice Cream Pudding – Method
- Empty out the ice-cream into a big bowl and chop
- Add other ingredients and mix – don’t let the ice-cream get too defrosted
- Transfer back into original ice-cream container and re-freeze (or use smaller containers if you prefer)
- To serve, sit container/s in hot water for about 5 seconds, then tip onto serving plate
- Serve Christmas Ice Cream Pudding with melted chocolate and a couple of glace cherries on top
- Or, how about with pureed mixed berries and cream? I use frozen – just add some sugar to taste and microwave until soft enough to stir and pour
Absolutely delicious! Christmas Ice Cream Pudding – in Ten Minutes.
Thanks for reading another Dinner in Ten Minutes recipe.
You might also enjoy: