Stir frying can be very quick and easy and this Chicken Stir Fry Recipe will take around ten minutes to prepare. Most of the time is spent chopping the veggies.
You can add whatever veggies you happen to have in at the time, so don’t feel tied to using only the ones I used in this recipe.
This recipe will serve approx 4 people – so let’s get started:
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe – Ingredients
- Oil for frying (I use Olive Oil)
- One Onion – chopped
- Two carrots – chopped or sliced
- One or two chicken breasts – chopped into small bite sized pieces
- One small piece of broccoli – stem and florets chopped
- One red or green pepper (capsicum) – chopped or sliced
- 1 corn cob – kernels removed (or use frozen corn)
- Approx 80 ml soy sauce
- 1 or 2 Tablespoons crushed ginger (from a jar or fresh is you have it)
- 2 or 3 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce (use hot chili if you prefer more heat – either from a jar or fresh)
- Ready to eat noodles (or dried noodles)
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe – Method
- Fry the onion and carrots in the oil (use a large fry pan or wok)
- While the onion and carrots are cooking, add the noodles to a large pan of boiling water to ‘separate’ (If you’re using dried noodles, it will take a minute or two longer)
- Drain noodles
- Add chicken to onion/carrots and stir fry until just cooked through
- Add the broccoli and stir for a minute or two
- Add capsicum and corn and cook for another minute or two
- Add soy sauce, ginger and chili sauce and mix together
- Add the drained noodles
- Mix well and serve
Variations and Handy Hints
- I like to serve directly from the fry pan/wok at the table
- Have extra soy sauce and sweet chili (or hot chili) on the table for those who want to add more
- Eat from bowls and use chop sticks if you like
- The sky’s the limit when it comes to stir fry variations.
- Here are a few suggestions:-
- Try this chicken stir fry recipe with prawns instead of chicken
- Leave out the chicken altogether and add more veggies
- Add some spinach towards the end of cooking and heat through until just wilted
- Try adding string beans or snow peas (fresh or frozen)
- Frozen peas are quick and easy
- Serve with boiled rice instead of noodles
Thanks for visiting my website.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You may also enjoy: