If you’re planning on having turkey for Christmas dinner this year, chances are you’ll be serving cranberry sauce with it. You might also be having turkey with cranberry for Thanksgiving.
Home made cranberry sauce is very quick and easy to make and much tastier than most bought varieties.
This easy cranberry sauce recipe will make enough sauce for around 6 people – just double the recipe if you need more.
To keep things simple I use a cup measure. The cup should hold approx 8 fl oz / 250 ml of liquid.
So let’s get started:
Easy Cranberry Sauce Recipe – Ingredients
- Quarter cup of water
- Quarter cup of orange juice
- Half cup castor sugar (or your usual sugar)
- Two cups frozen cranberries
Easy Cranberry Sauce Recipe – Method
- Put the water, orange juice and sugar into a saucepan
- Stir and gently heat until sugar is dissolved
- Add the frozen cranberries and bring to the boil
- Gently simmer (uncovered) for ten minutes
- Leave to cool in the saucepan then transfer to an airtight container and chill in the fridge
- The sauce will thicken as it cools
Serving Suggestions and Handy Hints
- Cranberry Sauce is usually served cold
- Serve with turkey roast dinner at Christmas time
- Also delicious with roast chicken and roast pork
- Use left-overs to put on turkey sandwiches
- You can also make cranberry ‘mince’ pies with left-overs
- If the cranberry sauce is too thin after chilling, just return to the saucepan and simmer for a few more minutes
- If the sauce is too thick, just add a little more orange juice or water and stir to combine
Didn’t I say it was easy! Give my easy cranberry sauce recipe a try this year and let me know if you like it.
Thanks for reading my website.
You might also enjoy: