Making your own burgers is quick and easy.
This how to make burgers recipe will take around 10 minutes to prepare and serve 4-6 people.
How to Make Burgers – Ingredients
- Good quality minced beef – around 1lb/500g
- One Onion (optional) – grated or diced small
- One Garlic Clove (optional) – crushed
- One Egg
- Couple of hand fulls of breadcrumbs (fresh, not packaged)
- Heaped table spoon or two of either Dijon or Coarse Grain Mustard
Handy Tip – if you are really pushed for time, just leave out the onion and garlic – the burgers will still taste great without them.
Another Handy Tip – I turn most of my bread crusts into breadcrumbs in a food processor, then freeze them for when they are needed. Perfect for making burgers and yummy toppings. You can check out breadcrumbs in Cooking Tips.
How to Make Burgers – Method
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl
- Mix thoroughly – using your hands is best (disposable plastic gloves come in handy here)
- Using your hands, press mixture into burger shapes (not too thick, or they’ll take too long to cook)
- Cook on the BBQ or under the grill – turning to cook on both sides
Suggestions for Serving
- Serve with lightly toasted, good quality burger rolls (not the soft, squishy ones)
- Your choice of the following extras: sliced cheese, sliced tomatoes, sliced tin beetroot, sliced tin pineapple, lettuce, sliced cucumber, sliced capsicum, sliced or diced avocado, sliced onion – I’m sure you can come up with a few more options
- I like to put all the extra ingredients on a large platter in the middle of the table and let the family fill their own rolls. Your children will probably try and stack their burgers so high they wont be able to eat them – they soon learn!
- You might also like to serve with sauces, mixed pickle and mayonnaise
- Try minced lamb for a change and add some rosemary – fresh or dried
- For a spicy option, add some hot chilli to the burger mix
- For a less spicy option (that the children may also enjoy) add some sweet chilli sauce to the burger mix
- Another hot option is to use hot English mustard instead of Dijon or coarse grain – use sparingly!!
Thanks for visiting my website.