If your family like home made burgers, why not surprise them with Lamb Burgers for a change.
Lamb burgers are very easy to make and because lamb mince is readily available at most supermarkets and butchers, you’ll have them prepared and ready for cooking in less than ten minutes!
This recipe should make around 10 burgers – depending on how big and thick you make them.
Lamb Burgers – Ingredients
- 1 pound / 500g minced lamb
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic glove, crushed
- Good handful of fresh bread crumbs
- 1 or 2 sprigs of fresh Rosemary, chopped (or a teaspoon of dried)
- 2 table spoons Dijon mustard (or coarse grain if you prefer)
Lamb Burgers – Method
- First thing – put on disposable gloves – this is going to be messy
- Put all ingredients in a bowl
- Mix together using your hands
- Make mixture into burger shapes
- Cook on the BBQ, under the grill or shallow fry – you can even cook them in the oven
Serve in a burger bun with any of the following:-
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Sliced Cucumber
- Sliced Beetroot (an Aussie favourite)
- Sliced tinned Pineapple (well drained)
- Sliced Avocado (spread if very soft)
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced cheese of your choice
- Fried onions
- Caramelised onions
- Your choice of mustard
- Mint sauce (the jellied kind spreads well)
The list is almost endless. I’m sure you can think of other yummy favourites to add to your lamb burgers.
Handy Tips and Variations
- Using disposable gloves to do the mixing is the best tip I can give you
- You can make regular burgers by using beef mince rather than lamb mince and omitting the rosemary
- You can add a finely chopped onion if you wish – or grate it if your eyes can stand it!
- I like to serve everything on a big serving platter in the centre of the table and let everybody create their own lamb burgers
- The burger buns are extra nice if lightly toasted
- Try pita bread rather than burger buns for a change
Thanks for visiting my website. You can leave me comments and suggestions below.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: