I’ve ‘borrowed’ this yummy salad idea from one of my favourite restaurants in Sydney. Easy salad recipes don’t come much easier.
Hugo’s Restaurant in Manly has the best pizzas in Australia …and don’t just take my word for it. Hugo’s really has won Awards for Best Pizzas in Australia!
Their salads are pretty good too and this Pear and Parmesan Salad is a favourite of mine – simple and delicious. Add it to your easy salad recipes.
The lemony dressing, by the way, is my own 🙂
Pear and Parmesan Salad – Ingredients
- Rocket and baby spinach leaves
- Firm Pear, cored and sliced very thin – allow a quarter pear per person
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- For the Dressing:
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons sweet white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper
Pear and Parmesan Salad – Method
- Put greens into a serving bowl
- Place the sliced pear and shaved Parmesan on top and lightly toss
- To make the dressing, put all ingredients into a screw top jar and give it a good shake
- Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving (you may not need to use it all)
Handy Hints and Variations
- The pear will ‘brown’ if you prepare the salad too far in advance
- You can try different greens, but the peppery taste of rocket is particularly nice in this Pear and Parmesan Salad
- Serve as a side dish or starter/light lunch
- Store any unused dressing in the fridge
- If your white wine vinegar isn’t ‘sweet’ try adding a small amount of sugar to the dressing mix
Hope you like this Pear and Parmesan Salad as much as I do. Add it to your list of easy salad recipes.
If you’re in Sydney, check out Hugo’s Manly – did I mention it’s setting is right on Sydney Harbour!
Thanks for visiting my website.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook and leave comments below.
You might also enjoy: