By all means put these Salmon Burgers between two sides of a burger bun, but they are also really tasty served as salmon patties.
I shallow fried them in a frying pan, but the hot plate of a BBQ would work equally well.
This recipe will make around 8 burgers and take around ten minutes to prepare.
Salmon Burgers – Ingredients
- Approx 400 g / 14 oz tin of pink or red salmon
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 spring onions, chopped small
- 1 egg
- 1 table spoon soy sauce
- 1 table spoon grated ginger (fresh or from a jar)
- Oil for shallow frying
Salmon Burgers – Method
- Drain most of the juice from the salmon, but reserve the juice for later in case the mix is too dry
- Put the salmon into a bowl and mash with a fork
- Add the breadcrumbs and spring onions and mix some more
- Crack the egg into a separate bowl and mix together with the soy sauce and grated ginger
- Add the egg mix to the salmon mix and stir to combine
- Using your hands (I use disposable gloves) mold the mix into burger shapes (add a little of the reserved juice if the mix is too dry)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook burgers over moderate heat until nicely browned on both sides
- Serve immediately
- Can also be served cold
Variations and Handy Hints
- If the mixture is too dry, add some of the reserved salmon juice
- If the mixture is too wet, add more breadcrumbs
- For a hot variation add some chili
- Sweet Chili Sauce is a nice accompaniment
- You can use fresh salmon if you wish
Thanks for visiting my website.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: