This is a very quick and easy salmon fillet recipe.
There are many ways to cook salmon; such as on the BBQ; in the oven; and even under the grill. Shallow frying is super quick and easy – and it makes the salmon nice and crispy on the outside and moist and flaky inside. Delicious!
Salmon Fillet Recipe – Ingredients
- Salmon fillets (one per person) – no bones – skin on or off (your choice)
- Olive Oil for frying
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Pepper to serve
- Good quality Tartar Sauce to serve
Note: Cooking time will depend on how thick the salmon fillets are and also how you like your salmon cooked. Restaurants in Sydney tend to serve cooked salmon very rare, which I don’t particularly like (unless I’m having sushi). I prefer it just cooked all the way through. Remember the salmon will keep cooking for a little while after you take it out of the pan, so don’t be tempted to over-cook. Once you’ve made this salmon fillet recipe a few times, you’ll get to know what the family likes and doesn’t like.
Salmon Fillet Recipe – Method
- Just cover the base of a heavy base fry pan with oilive oil
- Heat to quite hot
- Turn fry pan heat to medium and carefully add the Salmon fillets
- Let them cook for approx 3 or 4 minutes (see note above) – you will see the salmon turning pink from the bottom up
- Turn salmon over and cook other side (the first side should be nice a crispy)
- Cook second side for similar time and serve with lemon wedges, pepper and a good quality tartar sauce
Additional Serving Suggestions
- Serve with either baked or boiled potatoes or oven baked chips
- On-the-cob fresh sweet corn (just microwave on medium high for a couple of minutes – so easy)
- Fresh sweet peas or ordinary fresh peas
- A fresh green salad
I’m sure you can think of other delicious things to serve with this salmon fillet recipe.
Let me know if you give it a try. It’s a great meal for the family when you really can’t be bothered spending too much time, or making too much effort in the kitchen – and it’s a winner every time in my house!
Thanks for visiting my website.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: