I hope you enjoy this stir fry lamb as much as my family and I do. It’s so easy to make – you’ll have it ready to serve in around ten minutes.
What Lamb to Buy
I use lamb loin (see photo) which slices beautifully and is very tender. Check with your butcher or local supermarket.
This recipe serves approx four people.
Let’s get started:
Stir Fry Lamb – Ingredients
- Oil for frying (I use olive oil)
- One onion, chopped
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Approx 1lb/500g good quality lean lamb, sliced thin
- Approx 7oz/220g jar of ready made pesto
- Approx 8oz/250g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Handful of fresh basil, if you have it (don’t use dried for this recipe)
- To serve – Couscous and Parmesan Cheese
Stir Fry Lamb – Method
- Heat oil in a large fry pan or wok and gently fry onion until soft
- Turn the heat up a bit and add the sliced lamb – keep turning until just browned on both sides (don’t over cook)
- Add the crushed garlic and cook for about a minute
- Next, add the ready made pesto and cherry tomatoes and heat through – don’t over cook or the tomatoes will go soggy
- Finally, if you have fresh basil, add it now and heat through until just wilted
- Serve with couscous and grated Parmesan cheese
Handy Hints and Variations
- You could also serve this stir fry lamb with rice or jacket potatoes
- Remember to buy good quality lean lamb
- Slice the lamb quite thin and don’t over cook
- Add more pesto if you like more sauce
- If you have time, make some garlic bread
Thanks for reading Dinner in Ten Minutes.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.