Here’s a very tasty tomato pasta recipe that will take around 10 minutes to prepare and only 15 minutes to cook. Perfect for those nights when you haven’t got a lot of time – or just can’t be bothered spending too much time in the kitchen.
This recipe will serve around 4 people.
Tomato Pasta – Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of oil for frying (I use olive oil)
- One red or brown onion – diced
- One small capsicum/pepper (any colour) – diced
- Clove of garlic, crushed
- 28oz/800g tin of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Small tin of anchovies, drained of oil and chopeed
- Around 12 olives
- 2 or 3 tablespoons capers
- Small bunch of basil (or teaspoon of dried basil)
- 14oz/400g tin of mixed pulses – drained (I used ‘three beans’ and only used half the tin)
- Pasta of your choice for 4
- Grated Parmesan cheese to serve
Tomato Pasta – Method
- Gently heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion until just soft
- Add the pepper and garlic and gently fry for a minute of two
- Add everything else, bar the pasta and Parmesan, and stir
- Bring to the boil and simmer (uncovered) for around 15 minutes
- While the tomato sauce is simmering, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese
Handy Hints and Variations
- If you have the time, adding crispy cooked bacon pieces is a tasty variation
- I only used half the tin of mixed pulses
- The tomato sauce is also nice with jacket potatoes or boiled rice
- Add a bag of marinara (mixed seafood) for a fishy variation
- You could make one of my easy Crumble Recipes for dessert
Hope you enjoy this quick and easy tomato pasta recipe. Thanks for visiting my website.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: