Who doesn’t like garlic bread? It seems to be a universal favourite.
It comes in all shapes and sizes and you’ll find it on menus in all sorts of restaurants and cafes – from pizza bars to five star restaurants. The type of bread used, and the way it’s presented may differ, but they all have one thing in common – garlic 🙂
My garlic bread recipe is very easy to make at home – and you’ll have it prepared and ready to cook in around ten minutes.
There are two types I generally make:
The French stick garlic bread – looks like this:-
The Turkish garlic bread – looks like this:-
There are a couple of methods for cooking garlic bread:
- The first is to wrap the bread in foil and cook on the oven shelf – I usually do this with the French stick garlic bread.
- The second is to cook the bread uncovered on an oven tray – I usually do this with Turkish garlic bread.
Garlic Bread Recipe – Ingredients
- Bread of choice
- Garlic – crushed – as much as you like! (I use one or two cloves per French Stick/Turkish Bread)
- Butter – or your usual spread
- Chopped fresh herbs (whatever you have) – or dried basil or other herb of your choice (try different ones)
Garlic Bread Recipe – Method
- Heat oven to moderately hot
- Slice bread according to how you’re going to cook it (see photos above)
- Mix together butter (or usual spread), herbs and garlic
- Spread on bread
- Wrap bread with foil (optional)
- Bake in oven for 5-10 minutes until bread is crisp and butter has melted
Tip – make more butter mixture than you need. Put in an air-tight container in the fridge and it’s ready to use next time. (It wont last indefinitely, but a week should be okay).
How easy was that? Garlic bread recipe in ten minutes.
Thanks for visiting my website.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: