Don’t you just love pancakes!
They are quick and easy to make and this recipe will make 4-6 large pancakes (it depends on how thick you like them – and how big your frying pan is).
I usually make large pancakes that fill the whole pan. You can of course make 2 or 3 smaller ones if you prefer.
Pancakes are a very popular breakfast choice at my house. The smell of pancakes wafting up the stairs, first thing in the morning, is the best way I know of getting two teenage boys out of bed 🙂
To keep things simple I use a cup measure for this how to make pancakes recipe. The cup should hold approx 250 ml/8 fl oz of liquid.
How to Make Pancakes – Ingredients
- 2 Cups of milk – I use soy
- 1 and a half Cups plain flour
- Two Eggs
- Table Spoon oil – I use Olive Oil
- Extra oil for cooking in fry pan
How to Make Pancakes – Method
- Put all ingredients in a screw top jar or plastic container and shake vigorously until smooth
- Alternatively, put ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth
- Heat extra oil in fry pan
- Once oil is hot, add enough pancake mixture to spread evenly over base of pan
- Cook over moderately high heat until crisp and browned on under-side
- Optional – toss pancake over to cook other side (like they do on Shrove Tuesday) – easier with a smaller pan
- Alternatively, flip over with a fish slice (safer, but not as much fun)
- Cook on other side then serve
Serving Suggestions and Handy Hints
Don’t think pancakes are only for breakfast, they make a lovely dessert too!
- With sugar and lemon (traditional)
- With honey (my younger boy’s choice)
- With honey and banana (my older boy’s choice)
- With maple syrup
- With strawberries and cream
- With strawberries, ice-cream and chocolate sauce – and cream!
- Eat pancakes flat or rolled up
- Left over mix can be stored in the fridge for a couple of days
- If the mixture is a bit thin, add more flour
- If the mixture is a bit thick, add more milk/soy
Give pancakes a try and let me know how you get on.
Thanks for visiting my website.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook and leave comments below.
You might also enjoy: