This pumpkin soup recipe is very easy to make and absolutely delicious.
A great soup starts with good quality stock and this pumpkin soup recipe uses my chicken stock recipe. You can also buy quality stock – chicken or vegetable stock works well in this recipe.
Provided you’ve got the stock on hand, preparation time will be less than ten minutes for this recipe.
Pumpkin Soup Recipe – Ingredients
- 1 litre / 32 fl oz of chicken stock (or veggie stock)
- 1 kg / 2 pound pumpkin – chopped
- 1 large potato – peeled and chopped
- Crusty bread to serve (optional)
- Fresh cream, chopped fresh parsley and black pepper to serve (optional)
Pumpkin Soup Recipe – Method
- Put stock, pumpkin and potato in a large saucepan
- Bring to the boil and simmer for around 30 minutes
- Let the mixture cool before pouring into a food processor
- Whiz until smooth
- Reheat and serve with cream, fresh parsley and black pepper, if desired
Variations and Handy Hints
- If you’re short of pumpkin, add a few carrots and another potato
- Pumpkin soup is also nice served with croutons floating on top
- Pumpkin can be a nightmare to peel. Try cutting the whole pumpkin into thick slices then cut off the hard peel using a large, sharp knife on a chopping board
- Chopped pumpkin is delicious roasted in the oven. Sprinkle with a little olive oil and shake over some chili flakes – delicious. Very nice used as a layer in veggie lasagna
- You can make funky patterns and shapes when you add the cream!
- If you like your pumpkin soup thicker, add less stock
Hope you enjoy this pumpkin soup.
Thanks for visiting my website.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.