I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve made this dish.
The good news is, you’ll have the veggies and dressing prepared and ready to serve in around ten minutes.
If you don’t like too much chilli, add less or just leave it out. I usually add less than Jamie – he obviously likes his food hotter that me.
I score this dish 9 out of 10 (my highest score so far). It’s quick and easy to make, tastes delicious and is healthy too – a winner all round in my eyes.
Jamie’s quantities will serve around 4 people.
Jamie’s Asian Greens – Ingredients
- 250g / 8 oz asparagus (trimmed)
- 1 head of broccoli (quartered)
- Half fresh red chilli (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4-6 tablespoons olive oil (I used 6)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Splash of sesame oil
Jamie’s Asian Greens – Method
- Fill a large saucepan with boiling water and add a large pinch of salt
- Add the broccoli and asparagus
- While the veggies are cooking, mix together all the other ingredients to make the sauce (I used a jar and gave it a good shake)
- When the veggies are cooked, pour the dressing over and serve
Handy Hints and Variations
- As mentioned earlier, you can add less chilli than Jamie
- I usually cook my veggies in the microwave instead of in boiling water
- You probably wont use all the sauce – just pour over as much or as little as you like
- Any left-over sauce can be stored in the fridge
- If you don’t have lime, use lemon juice instead
- If you don’t have any sesame oil, just leave it out (although it does add a nice nutty flavour)
Hope you enjoy Jamie’s Asian Greens. Let me know what you think.
Thanks for visiting my website.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: