I’ve made this dish from Jamie Oliver’s “30 Minute Meals” several times now, but a couple of weeks ago I served it at a dinner party for 8 and it was a big hit (just double the recipe if you’re cooking for 8).
You can prepare in advance and it only takes around ten minutes. When your dinner party is in full swing, just pop it into a hot oven for 18 minutes and it’s ready to serve.
You might also enjoy one of the following Jamie Oliver recipes – just click on the image below:
Now, my apologies for only getting a photograph of the dish raw. I’m afraid that after a few glasses of wine, taking a photo of the finished cooked version completely left my mind!
This recipe review is one of many I’ve done for Jamie Oliver Recipes and I score it 8 out of 10 – yet another Jamie Oliver hit.
Be sure to read my Handy Hints and Variations below.
This recipe will serve 4 people.
Jamie’s Asian Style Salmon – Ingredients
- 2 cm piece of fresh ginger- peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion – peeled and roughly chopped
- Half a fresh red chilli – chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 limes – juiced
- Couple of lugs of olive oil (see handy hints below)
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on, scaled and pin-boned
- Chinese five-spice
Jamie’s Asian Style Salmon – Method
- Liquidize the ginger, garlic, red onion, chilli and soy sauce
- Add the lime juice and liquidize until all combined
- Pour into an oven-proof dish and add the olive oil
- Carefully place the salmon on top – skin side up
- Sprinkle with the five spice and bake in a hot oven on the top shelf for 18 minutes
Handy Hints and Variations
- If you don’t have fresh ginger, use ginger from a jar (a couple of heaped tea-spoons should do the trick)
- If you prefer less heat, add less chilli
- If you prefer more heat, add more chilli
- If you don’t have fresh chilli, use chilli from a jar
- I have made this dish with lemon juice instead of lime and it was just as tasty
- When Jamie says “a couple of lugs of olive oil” he means two good big lugs, not a drizzle
- I put the olive oil into the liquidizer with everything else – it helped get everything liquidizing
- 18 minutes will cook the salmon all the way through – if you like salmon more rare (I don’t) then cook for less time
- I served with Jamie’s Asian Greens and oven-baked sauteed potatoes
I hope you enjoy Jamie’s Asian Style Salmon.
Thanks for visiting my website.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: