Jamie serves these dressed potatoes with chicken in his book “Jamie’s 30 Minute Meals” (page 20) but they’d go with just about anything.
I’ve made the dish several times and served it hot and cold – both delicious. I’ve added it to my list of favourite Jamie Oliver Recipes.
Once you’ve cooked the potatoes in the microwave, this dish takes less than ten minutes to prepare. You might also like to try Jamie’s Asian Greens – click here.
Like many of Jamie’s recipes, this dish uses fresh chilli. Remember you don’t have to put it in. Leave it out completely if you prefer, or use a smaller amount.
I scored this dish 8 out of 10 – another winner!
Jamie’s Dressed Potatoes – Ingredients
- 1 medium potato – cut in half lengthways
- 2 sweet potatoes – cut in half lengthways
- half a lemon
- 1 fresh red chilli – finely chopped
- bunch of fresh coriander – chopped
- 50g / 2 oz feta cheese – chopped
Jamie’s Dressed Potatoes – Method
- Put the potatoes into a microwave-safe bowl with the half lemon
- Cover with clingfilm and cook in the microwave on full power for 15 minutes
- When the potatoes are cooked, use tongs to squeeze the lemon juice over the potatoes
- Roughly chop the potatoes then add the chilli, coriander and feta cheese
- Season and serve
Handy Hints and Variations
- Jamie’s way of cooking the potatoes in the microwave worked really well (I admit to being a bit skeptical)
- If you’re making less quantity, cook the potatoes for less time
- Jamie leaves the skin on the potatoes but you can discard the skin after cooking if you wish – it peels away really easily
- There was no juice left in the lemon after microwaving, so I squeezed over extra lemon juice
- Don’t leave out the lemon – it tastes really nice squeezed over the finished dish
- Try fresh basil or parsley – both work well
- Delicious served hot or cold
- I left out the chilli – you decide what’s best for you
Give this potato dish a try and let me know what you think. Thanks for reading another Jamie Oliver Recipes.
Thanks also for visiting my website.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: