Serve this delicious cucumber and yoghurt relish with Neil Perry’s Marinated Chicken. They were made for each other 🙂
Before I continue, congratulations to Neil Perry on just receiving 3 Hats for his restaurant “Rockpool on George” and maintaining 2 Hats for “Rockpool Bar and Grill” (both restaurants in Sydney CBD).
Back to his relish – it’s quick to prepare and is the perfect accompaniment to marinated chicken. It would also go well with my own chicken marinade recipe – click here.
Cucumber and Yoghurt Relish – Ingredients
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers – peeled, seeded and finely sliced
- 2 stalk celery – finely sliced
- 100 ml / 3.5 fl oz olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Quarter cup of Greek-style or sheep’s milk yoghurt
- 1 large handful mint leaves
- 1 tomato – peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
Cucumber and Yoghurt Relish – Method
- Whisk the oil, vinegar and mustard together
- Season to taste then fold in the yoghurt
- Add the cucumber, celery, tomato and mint leaves
- Mix to combine
Variations and Handy Hints
- You don’t have to peel and seed the cucumbers and tomato – I didn’t
- I chose not to add the tomato
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve
- Add the fresh herbs just before serving
Thanks for visiting my website.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: