I spotted a very tasty looking Neil Perry recipe in the weekend paper so thought I’d give it a try.
His Marinated Chicken is grilled then served with Cucumber and Yoghurt Relish – recipe here.
Don’t forget to also check out the following chicken recipes – just click on the image below:
Neil Perry’s Marinade for Chicken was super quick to make in the food processor.
So let’s get started:
Marinade for Chicken – Ingredients
- 100 ml / 4 oz virgin olive oil
- 3 small red chillies, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- grated zest of half a lemon
- juice of 1 whole lemon
- 2 table spoons chopped coriander
- sea salt
Marinade for Chicken – Method
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor
- Process until well combined but not completely pureed
- Marinate chicken breasts for 1 hour
How simple was that!
Handy Tips and Variations
- Neil Perry suggested pounding the chicken to approx 15 mm thick
- Instead, I carefully sliced the breasts in half to get a similar thickness
- I put less chilli than suggested (I don’t like too much heat)
- I admit to having no fresh coriander at the same, so I left it out
- I made Neil’s Cucumber and Yoghurt Relish to accompany the chicken and it was to die for
- I cooked the chicken under a hot grill – you can also cook on a BBQ
Thanks for visiting my website.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: