Chicken with Apricots and Almonds cooked in the slow cooker – how good does that sound!
This dish is one of the tastiest Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes – and you’ll be pressing ‘go’ on the slow cooker in less than 10 minutes 🙂
This recipe will serve around 4 people – so let’s get started:
Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes – Ingredients
- 4 chicken thighs, trimmed of any fat and cut in half
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 1 Clove of Garlic, crushed
- 3 or 4 Carrots, diced
- Around 20 dried apricots (ready-to-eat kind) cut in half
- Zest and Juice of 1 Orange
- Small amount of honey – no more than 1 tea spoon
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Approx 750 ml / one and a quarter pints of water (or chicken stock if you have it)
- 3 or 4 Table Spoons Ground Almonds
Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes – Method
- Put everything bar the Ground Almonds into the slow cooker
- Slow cook for around 2-3 hours
- Just before serving, take out the Cinnamon Stick and stir in the Ground Almonds to thicken the sauce
- How easy was that!
Serving Suggestions and Variations
- Serve with couscous, rice or baked potatoes
- Some green vegetables would also be nice on the side if you have time
- I like to serve at the table so people can help themselves
- This recipe also works well with lamb – slow cook for a little longer
- You could also use chicken drumsticks – slow cook for a little longer to make sure the chicken if fully cooked
- If you cook for more than 2-3 hours, the dried apricots will turn to mush. So, if you plan on slow cooking for longer, don’t put them in at the beginning
- If you try this recipe with lamb you can buy the cheaper cuts (trimmed of any fat). Slow cooking will make the lamb beautiful and tender
- Definitely use chicken stock if you have it, but I’ve made it using just water and it’s still very tasty
If you enjoy reading my recipes, you might like to follow my Fan Page on Facebook (you’ll see the ‘like’ button towards the top of the page in the side bar) and if you particularly like this recipe, please share me on social media.
Thanks for visiting my website. You can leave comments and suggestions below.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: