If you love cupcakes (and who doesn’t) why not have a go at making this easy chocolate cupcake recipe. If you use a food processor to mix all the ingredients, you’ll have them prepared and ready for baking in around ten minutes.
This cupcake recipe will make around 20 cupcakes – and to keep things simple I use a cup measure. The cup should hold approx 8 fl oz / 250 ml of liquid.
Easy Chocolate Cupcake Recipe – Ingredients
- 4 ozs /125 g butter (or usual spread)
- Half cup Castor Sugar (or other white sugar)
- 2 Eggs
- One and a Half cups self-raising flour
- Quarter cup of cocoa powder
- Approx one-third cup of milk (I use soy)
- Quarter cup of chocolate chips (optional extra)
- 2 cake baking trays (each hold 12 cup cakes)
- Cup Cake paper cases – about 20
Easy Chocolate Cupcake Recipe – Method
- Assemble the food processor (aka whizzer)
- Whiz together the butter and sugar until creamy smooth
- Add the 2 eggs and whiz again
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and whiz some more
- Add the milk, bit by bit, and whiz for the final time – don’t make the mixture too runny (see handy hints below)
- Place the cup cake paper cases in the baking trays and fill each one with a good heaped dessert spoonful of the mix
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of each one (optional)
- Cook in a pre-heated moderate oven for 10-15 minutes (keep an eye on them because they cook quickly)
- Once they have risen and are cooked – place each one on a wire rack to cool completely
Handy Hints and Suggestions
- The consistency is about right when the mixture slowly falls off the spoon. If it just stays there it’s probably a bit thick, so add a bit more milk. If it runs off it’s definitely too thin, so add more flour
- Once cool, cupcakes freeze well in a sealed container or freezer bag and are perfect for school lunches
- If you want to make bigger cupcakes, use a muffin tray and muffin sized paper cases – they will take longer to cook of course
- Make smaller ones by putting less mix in each paper case – keep an eye on them in the oven as they cook quickly
So, have a go at making my easy chocolate cupcake recipe. Did I mention how wonderful they smell while cooking 🙂
Thanks for visiting my website.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook and leave comments below.
You might also enjoy: