I usually keep a bag of ready cooked peeled prawns in the freezer so I can whip up a super quick prawn recipe when time is limited.
This is a great meal to make on those days when you’re pressed for time – or just really can’t be bothered.
This prawn pasta recipe is tomato based and will serve 4. Preparation time is less than ten minutes.
Prawn Pasta – Ingredients
- Oil for frying (I use olive oil)
- Small onion, diced
- Small capsicum – any colour – chopped
- 1 garlic clove – crushed
- Large tin (800g) chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Sprinkling of dried chili flakes (optional)
- Half a lemon, cut into two pieces
- Peeled and cooked prawns (I use frozen) – allow at least 10 per person
- Fresh Parsley – chopped
Prawn Pasta – Method
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onion
- Add the capsicum and garlic and fry for another minute or two
- Add the tomatoes, capers, sugar, chili flakes (if using) and lemon pieces
- Bring to the boil and simmer for around 10 minutes
- Add the prawns and heat through – this will take slightly longer if the prawns are frozen
- Discard the lemon pieces
- Serve with pasta and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley
- Use mixed seafood rather than just prawns (a marinara mix – available from most supermarkets and fishmongers)
- Try adding chopped green olives (no stones) instead of capers – or use both
- For a more ‘fishy’ flavour, add a small tin of anchovies (drained and chopped)
- I quite like Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top of the prawn pasta
- Garlic bread is always popular served on the side
- Don’t forget to discard the lemon pieces before serving!
- If you are using raw frozen peeled prawns, check the label to see if you should defrost before use
How simple was that!
Thanks for visiting my website. I look forward to receiving your comments.