If you’re not sure what to do with left over cranberry sauce, then try these Christmas Cranberry Muffins.
They are so delicious, it’s worth making extra cranberry sauce, just to make sure you’ll have some left over.
This recipe will make 10-12 muffins and to keep things simple, I use a cup measure. The cup should hold approx 8 fl oz / 250 ml liquid.
Let’s get started:
Christmas Cranberry Muffins – Ingredients
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- Half cup raw sugar (or your usual sugar)
- 4 oz / 100 g butter (or your usual spread)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk (I use soy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
- Left over cranberry sauce
- Spray oil for baking tray
Christmas Cranberry Muffins – Method
- Mix together the flour and sugar in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, gently melt the butter in the microwave
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla essence to the melted butter and mix well
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mix and mix together
- Spray muffin baking tray with oil
- Spoon mixture into muffin tray
- Add at least a heaped teaspoon of left-over cranberry sauce to each muffin and stir in, just a bit
- Bake in a moderately hot oven for 12-15 minutes, until the muffins are just firm to the touch
- Allow to cool in the tin for a couple of minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool a little
- Best eaten while they are still warm
Variations and Handy Hints
- If you’re a bit short of left-over cranberry sauce, don’t skimp on how much you put in each muffin – instead, use something else – something like chocolate chips or left over apple sauce
- For a scrumptious variation, add both chocolate chips and cranberry sauce – naughty but very nice 🙂
- These Christmas Cranberry Muffins will keep for a couple of days (unlikely in my house). You can reheat them in the microwave.
- They also freeze well and are perfect for the school lunch box
As you can see, it’s well worth making extra Cranberry Sauce.
Thanks for visiting my website. I look forward to reading your comments.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: