I like to keep a supply of frozen prawns in the freezer. They are great in risotto, with pasta, in stir fry, on skewers and even on pizza. Very versatile and super quick to cook.
Click image to go to recipe:
I find the best way to defrost them is in water …and it takes less than ten minutes!
How to Defrost Frozen Prawns
- Put the prawns into a large bowl and completely cover with cold water
- After a few minutes pour off the water (it will be icy cold) and add some more fresh water
- Repeat the last step a couple more times and the prawns are ready to cook
- Don’t be tempted to add hot or even warm water – the prawns will start to cook
- To save time, buy frozen prawns that are ready peeled and deveined
- Remember they don’t take long to cook
- Serve prawns with lemon wedges – they were made for each other
- Don’t skimp on the garlic when making garlic prawns
Thanks for visiting my website.
You can follow Dinner in Ten Minutes on Facebook.
You might also enjoy: