Handy tips on cooking nice fluffy Couscous.
I always use a cup measure to make Couscous – the cup should hold approx 250 ml / 8 fl oz of liquid. If you don’t have an actual cup measure, just use a regular cup. Here goes:-
Cooking Couscous – Ingredients
- 2 Cups Couscous (serves approx 4-6)
- 2 Cups Boiling Water
- 2 Table Spoons Oil (I use Olive Oil)
- Half Tea Spoon Salt
Cooking Couscous – Method
- Measure 2 cups of boiling water from the kettle into a saucepan. Bring back to the boil
- Take off the heat and add the Oil, Salt and finally the Couscous. Give it all a stir
- Cover with lid immediately and stand for approx 5 minutes
- Remove lid and fluff up Couscous with fork
- Ready to serve
How easy was that?
Couscous freezes well so don’t be afraid of making too much.
Look out for upcoming dinner in ten minutes recipe – Stir Fry Lamb with Tomatoes and Pesto served with, you guessed it, Couscous!
Stir Fry Lamb with Tomatoes and Pesto now posted. Check it out.